Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quick Fajitas

This is a really quick fajita recipe. You can use the flavors I did or do your own! I used seasoned tofu, in which I dry fried* it. Because my tofu had seasoning on it, I only left it on the pan until the seasoning turned blackened, so my tofu was left nice and soft. If you want, you could dry fry your tofu first and then season it later so it has more of a firm/crunchy texture. I don't have specific measurements for this recipe, but here is basically what I did:

Ingredients:
2 carrots
1/2 large onion
1/2 red bell pepper
2/3 block tofu, pressed
Cumin
Dried cilantro
garlic powder
Green Pepper Tabasco sauce
Sazon (Mexican seasoned salt)


*If you haven't dry fried before, I recommend it! Just press your tofu and slice it however you want. Then add it to a heated non stick pan without oil. Then you just let it cook until brown on both sides, it creates a really interesting texture!

First, I chopped the veggies and started cooking the carrots by adding them to the skillet with some water. Once they started to get soft, I added in the onion and red pepper. Once everything was tender, I added in all of the seasonings to taste (except for the Sazon) and the Tabasco sauce.

I prepared the tofu by coating it in the Sazon and then dry frying it until it was blackened. Then I sliced it and added it into the veggies. I served this on Ezekial Sprouted Grain Tortillas.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave a comment!