Thursday, May 19, 2011

PB & J Smoothie + Lil' Plants!

Smoothies are my favorite thing, as I said before I eat one just about every single day!
Today, for Michael and myself, I made us peanut butter and jelly smoothies!

It consisted of these ingredients:

1/2 cup Almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla, this stuff is good)
1/2 a banana
1/2 cup quick oats
2 T PB
1 T organic strawberry preserves
1 T chia seeds

(Michael's consisted of Soy milk instead of almond and flax meal instead of chia seeds)

Before blending:

After:


These smoothies are so good, I never get sick of them! They're really thick, like (soy)milkshakes!

A few months ago (2-3??) I bought these little pots that came with soil and seedlings from Target. One is for strawberries and the other is for bell peppers. This first one sprouted about a month ago (I forgot to mark them, so I'm not sure which is which :) ).

I didn't think the other one ever would, but I didn't give up hope! I just kept watering and watering.. until...

A lil baby sprout!!!!! So excited! Especially because we have to move so I won't be getting a veggie garden this year :/
So these little Target potted plants better grow so I can have some fresh food this year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave a comment!